In this post I want to show my notes and my first impression from the videos I’ve seen and study to grasp a good understanding of Leica M11.
Leica M11 vs Leica M10 | A Hands On First Look & Comparison
by Benj Haisch
My Notes From The Video
- 5 years for a full Leica M to come out
- the black version is 20% lighter than the silver version (made from aluminum, not brass)
- ISO 64 big deal – can repleace the possible bad electronic shutter
- Leica Visoflex has blackout and is not useful for weddings
- USB port it’s not covered but it’s weather sealed enough
- Internal memory 64gb a little restrictive
- The bottom plate, fantastic for fast pace work
The Leica M11 is Here (Why it is NOT for ME). Man, Leica Sucks….
by Steve Huff Photo & HiFi
My Notes From The Video
- you can’t be honest and have relationship with camera companies
- Leica M11 it’s the first camera that it’s not for Steve Huff
- 60MP will not be great in low light
- 24MP it’s the sweat spot for Steve Huff (also for me)
- The main new feature – triple pixel 60MP/36/18MP
- The electronic shutter will give the jello effect effect – Steve believes that it has the same problem like Hasselblad
- No base plate, a good move
- The external EVF it’s huge, blocky, bulky, gets knocked off and looks weird, and can be lost; it also destroys the design
- Steve Huff ask for a solution like on X-PRO3 EVF&OVF
- The range finder get’s out of alignment and you must send the camera to calibration 2weeks – two-three month for service
- At the end of the day 10k for a Leica M with 60MP it’s not for Steve Huff
These LEICA M11 Features Are Needed In The FUJIFILM X-Pro 4 & GFX 50Rii
by Dee Rosa
- Fuji put true rangefinder focusing
- Fuji make true manual focus lenses
- Fujifilm put IBIS
- Fujifilm put 64GB/128GB internal storage (better 128GB)
- Tri-Resolution Sensors For Fujifilm
- I don’t understand why 7Artisans or TTartisans or other Chinese manufacture doesn’t make a film or digital ranger finder. Their lenses are good enough and very enjoyable to use!
- Fujifilm should go full frame, keeping things compact – but I guess it’s just my dream
My Video With Leica M11 First Impression Roundup And Why I’ll Stick To Fujifilm X-PRO3
Leica M11 Conclusion
I think it’s a very niche camera. Some people are hoping that used Leica M10 prices will go down. I don’t think so. Leica put a bigger price tag on Leica M11 so the prices on used market will not go down. Also, after the hype people will start appreciate more their 24MP/40MP Leica cameras. At the end of the day we all want a Leica but a expensive ranger finder it’s not for everyone.
If you are passionate about photography check my 21 minutes Instructional VIDEO About Documenting A Turbulent Event With Fujifilm X100V & X-PRO3 and subscribe to my newsletter for more photography guides, news, tips & tricks.